Fall has officially arrived and this transitional season brings cooler weather, colorful leaves and countless festivals. No matter where you live, fall is one of the best times to say thank you and step out.Some of the most popular seasonal activities include picking pumpkins, looking at leaves, sitting by the fire and enjoying time with loved ones.
CairIt is also the perfect time to embrace change and look deeper within. As summer ends and the leaves turn, you can let go of parts of your past and start anew. Some of the greatest literary legends have written about autumn and what it symbolizes. Whether celebratory or insightful, these fall quotes can help you take advantage of the changing seasons.
famous autumn quotes
- "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." - Albert Camus
- "No spring or summer beauty has such grace as I have seen in an autumn face." - John Donne
- “Autumn seemed to come suddenly this year. The morning of September 1st was as fresh and golden as an apple." "J.K. Rowling
- "But when fall comes and kicks summer's butt like it always does the day after mid-September, it stays like an old friend you've lost for a while. He settles in like an old friend would settle into his favorite armchair, get out his pipe and light it, and then fill the night up with stories of places he's been and things he's done since I gave him that last saw." -Stephen King
- "Give me juicy, ripe, red autumn fruits from the garden. Give me the glorious still sun.” - Walt Whitman
- "I'd rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than snuggle up on a velvet pillow." - Henry David Thoreau
- "Autumn is the mildest season, and what we lose in flowers we gain more than in fruit."
– Samuel Butler
- "Life begins anew when it cools down in autumn." -F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "April never meant much to me, fall feels like this season at first, spring."
- "Even though there is still work to be done, everyone should stop and watch the leaves change." -Elizabeth Lawrence
Festive autumn quotes
- "Autumn has more gold in its pocket than any other season." - Jim Bishop
- "I can smell the autumn dance in the wind. The cool sweetness of pumpkin and crisp, sun-kissed leaves.” – Unknown
- “How beautiful are the leaves that grow old. How full of light and color are your last days.”
- "I'm so lucky to live in a world where there is October." -L.M. Montgomery
- "Listen! The wind is picking up and the air is full of leaves, we've had our summer nights, now October nights." - Humbert Wolfe
- "Each leaf tells me of happiness floating from the autumn tree." "Emily Bronte
- "Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable...the rustle of fresh leaves being blown across the road...by a gust of wind and the chatter of a flock of migratory geese." - Hal Borland
- "I can smell the autumn dance in the wind. The sweet freshness of pumpkin and crisp, sunburned leaves.” – Anna Drake
- "October aspens are flaming torches that light the way into winter." — Nova S. Blair
- "Winter is a print, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting, and fall is a mosaic of everything." —Stanley Horowitz
autumn inspirational quotes
- "I hope I can be the autumn leaf that looked up at the sky and lived. And when it was time to go, he graciously knew that life was a gift.” — Dodinsky
- "The season for enjoying the fullness of life: participating in the harvest, sharing the harvest with others, and reinvesting and saving parts of the harvest for another growing season." - Denis Waitley
- “Autumn is the eternal corrective. It's maturity and color and maturity; but it is also breadth, depth and distance. What man can endure autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the scope of his world and the importance of the hills stretching to the distant horizon? -Hal Borland
- "October is a symphony of permanence and change." — Bonaro W. Overstreet
- “Go to the mountains and receive the good news from them. The tranquility of nature will flow to you like sunlight to the trees. The winds will blow upon you their own freshness and the storms your energy, while sorrows will fall like autumn leaves.” —John Muir
- “In the garden, autumn is indeed the crown of the year and brings us the fruits of months of reflection, care and work. And at no time of the year, except perhaps the daffodil season, do we get such glorious color effects as we do from August through November.” —Rose G. Kingsley
- "I've never met anyone who doesn't suffer from a certain anxiety when fall comes... We're all eight again and anything is possible." - Sue Grafton
- "There is a harmony in autumn and a glow in its sky that is neither heard nor seen in summer, as if it could not be, as if it did not exist!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “Autumn calls us to prepare for the future and to harvest and preserve wisely. But it also requires that we learn to let go and see the beauty of lack.” — Bonaro W. Overstreet
- “Autumn has always been my favorite season. That moment when everything explodes in supreme beauty, as if nature had saved the whole year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
Autumn poetic quotes
- "I saw the old autumn in the misty morning / Standing, no shadows like stillness, Listening / to the stillness." —Thomas Hood
- "He's out of it all and I miss it all. It is an aesthetic solitaire. Your beautiful and light imagination is the grand piano that just brushes against the dark window in the autumn night.
- "Grain and corn, corn and corn, / All that falls shall rise." — Wicca Harvest Song
- "Just before the flowers die, / and before they are buried in snow, / comes a season of festivals, / when nature shines brightly."
- "There is no season when such pleasant and sunny places can be illuminated and have such a pleasant effect on the feelings as now in October." - Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "Listen... / With a soft crack, / Like ghostly footsteps, / The leaves, brittle with ice, tear from the trees / And fall." — Adelaide Crapsey
- "A touch of chill in the autumn night - / I went out, / And saw the ruddy moon leaning over a hedge / Like a red-faced peasant. / I didn't stop to speak but nodded, / And all around were the melancholic stars / With white faces like city kids.” -YOU. sleeve
- "That time of year when you can see, / When the yellow leaves, or none, or few, / Hang on these branches trembling with the cold, / Bare and ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang..." - William Shakespeare
- “The down of the thistle flies though the winds are still, / On the green grass that now lies, that now crests the hill, / The fountain is now boiling like a pot; / Through innumerable stones, glowing bubbles...” – John Clare
- “Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, gone; / Lengthens the night and shortens the day; / Every leaf tells me of happiness / Fluttering in the autumn tree. / I'll smile when the snow crowns / Blossoms where the rose should grow; / I will sing when the night falls / Accompany a sadder day.” “Emily Brontë
Autumn quotes for kids
- “Wrinkled, crumpled autumn leaves. Spiraling, twisting, in the wind.” – Unknown
- "Shorter days and a sunset sets the stage for fall fun!" - Unknown
- "Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never seen them dance on a windy day."
— Shira Tamir
- "Wild is the song of the autumn winds." - Unknown
- "Across the river and through the forest / Trot fast my gray thrush. / Leaps across the floor / Like a bloodhound / This Thanksgiving, Hey! / Across the river and through the forest / Now I see Grandma's face. / Long live the fun / Is the pudding ready? / Long live pumpkin pie.” — English folk song
- "Dull November brings the blast so the leaves are changing fast." - Sara Coleridge
- "I ate a lot of turkey, I ate a lot of corn, I ate a lot of pudding and cake. I'm full of buns and so much stuffing I'll probably die. I stacked my plate and ate and ate but wished I knew when to stop; 'Cause I'm so stuffed with sweet potatoes, dips, dips and jams my buds are starting to burst. I'm full of tomatoes and fries, my stomach is bloated and sore, but there's some dessert left, so I don't think it's going to hurt if I eat a little more.” – Jack Prelutsky
- "My favorite season is fall and I love walking in the woods." - Lucy Davis
- "Autumn is the season of change." — Taoist proverb
- “Winter is dead; spring is crazy; summer is joyful and autumn is wise!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
Everyone interprets fall differently, but the beauty of this time of year is undeniable. As the leaves turn from green to a mixture of amber, yellow and brown and the weather turns chilly and foggy, you might feel a magical feeling in the air. If you have a hot drink, a cozy blanket andfresh autumn flowers, you will immediately appreciate the change of seasons!